Reply to Post

IlliNYC
March 22, 2021 @ 09:04 AM

I was scared of this game/matchup, but truly believe if it came in the next round we win. All season, this team for one reason or another didn't play very well with success--I was, of course, hoping we'd come out of halftime with some adjustments and fire, but nothing...team looked tired and, even, lifeless. It was just so out of character with the end of the season that it's hard to understand. I guess that's just what it looks like when a team is beating you and out-scheming you.

It has seemed that this team always performed best when nobody believed in them or they felt slighted. Maybe winning the BTT, passing Michigan, getting the one seed, being a hot championship pick, being ranked #2, and finally reaching the goal of making the tournament took some of the fire away? Maybe being in Indy for 2 weeks took a toll. It's been a long year--I thought I saw a tweet from Coleman-Hawkins' Dad that he hasn't seen his son in a year. Seeing all these upsets may mean it's just a crazy year and we just had some bad luck and a bad match-up.

This team provided a lot of joy for me this dark winter and I'll always be thankful to them for that.

Post Preview