Reply to Post

BriCrozier
April 20, 2021 @ 03:56 PM

Great to see Luke Ford get some more targets, I think he and Barker can be effective weapons in the Big Ten and the play-callers will get the tight end position involved more when appropriate. It was also nice to see Navarro get more looks, I think he's a sneaky good receiver.

On the other side of things, however, it is still hard to see what the plan is regarding Williams. If the staff intends to keep him at quarterback, then (In my opinion) he really needs to be the starter in 2021. And that's no offense to Peters, who I think would be better at the position in 2021, but I think a 2022 and 2023 Williams benefits from getting starts in 2021, and 2022 and 2023 are the years that this program needs to start winning. In essence, it is the short term pain vs. long term gain question. If this staff doesn't think Williams is the long-term answer at quarterback, then they should be honest with him about that. Maybe that honestly leads to a position change, maybe it leads to a transfer, I don't want to see a transfer, but in the end this program needs an answer at the quarterback position.

Post Preview