Reply to Post

Dr. Chim Richalds
November 20, 2022 @ 08:59 PM

You're absolutely right that the team were damn warriors yesterday, and they and the coaches deserve an incredible amount of praise and respect for what they've done this year.

I have no idea what it's like to write or tweet publicly, and how frustrating it must be to get those kinds of responses. It's enough to drive anyone to the brink of insanity, surely.

I will always love this site and following you Robert, and I fully support you, so please don't think this is one of your haters commenting. I just want to note that this year of us having our best football team in over a decade has been a bit of a bummer for me reading the site, because every other article is turning into a commentary on people that yell at you on twitter. There's a couple things that I think are worth noting:

• There are going to be negative sports fans, and also fans who move the goalposts. It's not right, but they'll be there.
  • The fans that are the loudest posters do not represent a majority of fans. They're just the loudest, and being loud most often goes hand-in-hand with not thinking through things much. They're hurt that the team lost, they want someone to be mad at, and that gets directed towards the coaches or the players or you. That does not mean everyone or even most fans agree with that.
  • You are not going to win a war with these people. It's really tough watching this site turn into an effort to do that.

Just my two cents - I miss the days when this article would have been about how proud you are of the team, and their fight to win it for Bielema's mom, and how they deserved that. This year it's sort of an article about that, but more of an article about how people on twitter yelled at you for trying to say that. I'll always read this site no matter what direction you choose to take it, but that's a bummer, to me at least.

Beat Northwestern.

Post Preview