Reply to Post

mark.loula@gmail.com
November 21, 2022 @ 03:11 PM

For the life of me, I don't understand the fan outrage generated during a pretty darn remarkable season. I sure wasn't expecting this level of immediate success when Bielema was hired. Both last year and this year, this team always competes - I don't know how much more we can ask. We've been out of like two games in the last two years - Virginia and Wisconsin last year. and in Wisconsin game last year, we were still in it at half. and to top that, we've had some amazing wins...

Funny thing, we have season tickets and at the Michigan State game in the East balcony, we were next to two vocal, outraged fans. One spent the whole second half calling for Bielema to be fired (when we were still sitting at 7 and 1 and in the game) and another spent the whole game complaining that we went for it on 4th down on the first series instead of kicking a field goal. My son and I were very annoyed and didn't say anything.... until my wife, an Iowa alum and former athlete (and a converted Illini fan with 3 kids having gone to Illinois) finally called them on it. They then both moved, probably seeking out other victims to irritate.

Post Preview