The 2020/21 IlliniBoard Basketball Preview

Nov 23, 2020

OK so we went a little crazy this year. Last year, the basketball preview was 10,008 words. This year: 25,598. Sorry not sorry.

The main reason it's so long this year (well, besides the fact that we're going to be really good): three of us wrote it. I asked Ben (the baseball guy) to write the Big Ten Preview section - an article on all 13 Big Ten opponents. He did... to the tune of nearly 12,000 words. So when Tyler and I each write around 7,000 words and Ben writes nearly 12,000 just on our opponents, well, you get 25,598 words. It's a 78-page PDF.

The cost? Same as the football preview: $10. The cost for Orange Tier or Seventeen Club subscribers? Free.

The link is at the bottom. If you're an Orange Tier or Seventeen Club subscriber and you're logged in under your account, this link will take you directly to the download page - the preview is part of your subscription. If you're not a subscriber, it will take you to the payment page where you can pay $10 to purchase it.

I'd also like to note that if you want the basketball preview, and the baseball preview this spring, and the football preview next summer, and access to the newsletter and the Slack channel and the discount in the soon-to-be-launched IlliniBoard store and access to every IlliniBoard article, you can get all of that (and not have to pay the $10 for this preview) by signing up for an Orange Tier subscription. That subscription gets you everything on that list for $60 per year. Subscriptions are available here if you want to do that instead of paying $10 for the preview.

And please note that Blue Tier subscribers can upgrade to Orange at any time, so if you're Blue Tier and want the extras, it's $30 more and then you'll have access to everything listed above including this preview. Upgrades are available by clicking the "My Account" link at the top.

As always, if something isn't working right, email me (robert@illiniboard.com) or DM me on Twitter (@alioneye).

Here's the link. Enjoy.

The 2020-21 IlliniBoard Basketball Preview

Comments

illinivek23 on November 23, 2020 @ 03:51 PM

allansellers89 on November 23, 2020 @ 06:32 PM

Thank you for the great preview! As an '89 graduate one of my favorite sentences started with: The 1989 roster... :-) Even the '84 reference in there too!

allansellers89 on November 24, 2020 @ 07:13 PM

Hoping to get something like this at the end of this season...

Flying Illini

Flight 25 - Nick Anderson

Giovantischixstripz on November 23, 2020 @ 07:38 PM

With a lot of changes this year, both in my personal life and on a global scale, I told myself that I shouldn't renew my subscription because, while not a huge expense, it was a luxury item in my life. But now, the excitement for the season is too great. I love what you do Robert, Tyler is one of the best X and O basketball writers on the internet (like having Zach Lowe dedicate his time only to the team I care about), and I had to get in on the Orange Level to run through this potentially special season with you guys! Great preview!

BCstealn on November 23, 2020 @ 09:55 PM

Great Preview. Love the "Inchworm" article to finish off the piece. Not sure if you can do any edits but it sounds as if Tyler expected his "Defense" section to be read before his "Offense" section. Here nor there, I loved reading all of it. Go Illini!

Walkon on November 23, 2020 @ 10:41 PM

Good catch - I had just texted Bob about that exact issue. Will be corrected here on the site - but the toothpaste is already out of the tube if you already downloaded the PDF version.

IBFan on November 23, 2020 @ 10:27 PM

You Gentlemen are superb

larue on November 24, 2020 @ 11:32 AM

Love the preview, but I have to say the highlight for me was the vision of Cary Grant playing point guard for the Wolverines.

BenE74 on November 24, 2020 @ 03:41 PM

That's on my fat thumbs!

skibdaddy on November 24, 2020 @ 09:33 PM

Most of the other B1G teams look to be improved. Gonna be one heck of a season!