We Love No Other 4.14: Coach Bielema

Jan 15, 2021

You have currently viewed 1 story this month.

IlliniBoard now offers two free stories per month, for more please subscribe.

Had the opportunity to have Coach Bielema on the podcast today. The first 12 minutes here are my thoughts on the first 27 days of the Bret Bielema era at Illinois. The final half hour is our conversation. We cover everything from a 30-minute conversation he had with Juice Williams to a tuba prank he played in high school.

No more typing - right to it:

Comments

Douglascountyillinifan on January 15, 2021 @ 08:17 PM

That's why I love you, Robert. No canned questions, just straight up you, being you. I would bet that he has never, nor will ever again, be asked questions about his tuba sabotage! This guy. I feel hopeful for the program for the first time in a couple of decades.

Douglascountyillinifan on January 15, 2021 @ 08:17 PM

Rafe.thrasher@gmail.com on January 15, 2021 @ 09:23 PM

Great interview! Thank you Robert!

Rafe.thrasher@gmail.com on January 15, 2021 @ 09:23 PM

Great interview! Thank you Robert!

Brave Illini on January 16, 2021 @ 08:52 AM

This coaching staff, led by Bielema, is showing itself to be open, warm, approachable and sincere human beings first. That's a great foundation upon which to build a high-performance operation. Now we just need to see this team of coaches coalesce as a family and demonstrate their actual football recruiting and coaching skills. So far, so good.

espenschiedbusinessgroup@gmail.com on January 16, 2021 @ 08:56 AM

Robert, Great interview. Man, he seems like a really down to earth guy.

NC_OrangeKrush on January 16, 2021 @ 02:49 PM

Great job Robert!

Frank on January 22, 2021 @ 04:38 PM

I just got a chance to catch up with this interview. Robert, this was some great listening. Everything from facilities and coaching staff to tubagate...excited for more from BB and from you!