We Love No Other 5.9 - Tailon Leitzsey

Nov 11, 2021

If you listen to only one We Love No Other episode this year, make it this one. This is my conversation with Tailon Leitzsey, senior defensive back and special teams specialist.

I just started to do that thing where I tell you what's in this episode, but I feel like you just need to listen. Carve out 45 minutes at some point this week and listen to his story.

You can find this episode on Apple Podcasts here, on Spotify here, or just search for We Love No Other wherever you get your podcasts. And if you don't "get" podcasts anywhere, you can just listen at the link below.

Right to it:

Comments

HNLINI on November 11, 2021 @ 02:13 AM

Nice job, Robert. Something tells me that we will be hearing about good things from Tailon for years. Kid is a winner at life, which is far more important than being a winner on the football field. Kudos to his parents, and kudos to him.

neale stoner on November 11, 2021 @ 07:15 AM

Thanks for this. We’ll done.

BelieveInIllinois on November 11, 2021 @ 09:36 AM

Great story! Amazing

Tolkien73 on November 11, 2021 @ 05:01 PM

Great interview, Robert! I think this young man is going to have a great post-college life. Anyone who works as hard as he did is going to succeed, no matter what he puts his mind to.

22 on November 11, 2021 @ 06:23 PM

Just great stuff. Thanks. I hope if he doesn't latch on as an NFL special teamer he ends up on our staff in some capacity.

DQ4515 on November 11, 2021 @ 07:52 PM

Very well done, Robert. Thanks.

allansellers89 on November 13, 2021 @ 08:38 AM

Thank you!

Efremwinters84 on November 14, 2021 @ 08:05 AM

Just listened. Nicely done Robert! Truly inspirational.

And I have to also comment -- you seem to be developing a little bit of a rapport with Coach B. I'm assuming a lot of it stems from your first meeting in Happy Valley one year ago, when only 3-4 media types were present. Isn't it refreshing to have a congenial head he coach who appreciates the role of the media in the overall success of his program?

Robert on November 14, 2021 @ 09:02 AM

To be clear, I was the only media type present last year. No one else made the trip. And I almost didn't as well, but my wife pushed me to go. She's the true hero in that situation.

The game last month was when there were only three of us at Penn State. Such a funny looking press box. Maybe 150 media members covering the losing team and 3 media members covering the winning team.