2021 IlliniBoard Football Preview

Aug 24, 2021

9:41 pm is still "Monday", right? I told people the preview would be out Monday. And it's Monday. Even on the east coast it's Monday. I mean, if you're in Nova Scotia, it's still Monday. Shoutout to all the Illini football fans in Halifax.

I know everyone cares about the word total (OK, I care about the word total), so here's the total this year: 24,724. You can't get more symmetrical than that. Total hours researching and writing it... maybe 90? I should track that next year. I know this final stretch run was 13 hours on Saturday, 15 hours on Sunday, and 11 hours today.

As always, a big thanks to Nate for editing it. Just imagine being told "I should have the offense ready for you to edit by 5:30 pm" and then getting the final section sent to you at 11:54 pm. That's what I put him through every year.

Purchasing the preview is basically the same as last year. Here's how it works:

+ If you're not a subscriber and you just want to buy the preview, it's $10. Follow the link below and you can purchase and download it.

+ If you're an Orange Tier or Seventeen Club subscriber, you'll have access to the page as long as your logged into your account. Click the link below, click on the preview, and you can download it. Your logged-in username will let you in while it keeps others out. (At least it should. If it doesn't, email me: Robert at IlliniBoard dot com).

+ If you're a Blue Tier subscriber and you'd like to upgrade to read the preview, well, we've put in a deal for you. If you go to the My Account page and upgrade your subscription to Orange Tier (from $30 to $60 per year, auto-renewed on your original subscription date), that upgrade is prorated. Meaning, if you subscribed to the Blue Tier on September 23rd last year, you can upgrade to Orange today and pay $2.50 (you paid for 11 months of Blue and would only pay one month of the upgraded Orange price). That gets you access to this preview today (and the basketball preview in November) plus the Slack channel, the newsletter, and the IlliniBoard store discount. You can go to the My Account tab at the top, choose the upgrade, pay the pro-rated amount from when your Blue subscription began, and immediately get this preview.

Enough talk. Let's get to the preview. If you want to read 24,724 words on the 2021 Illini football team, head to this page.

Comments

IlliniJoe81 on August 23, 2021 @ 10:16 PM

Hey Robert, I'm not on Twitter so I just wanted to comment here that you were really good on the Sunday No Huddle. If you are back in the future please share the clip on Twitter again.

Efremwinters84 on August 24, 2021 @ 07:05 AM

I have to echo this point, Robert. It was your best TV performance ever. Concise. To the point. Perfectly mapped-out responses. No rambling. A true expert sharing his knowledge with the masses. In fact, both you and Marlee were extremely polished as a tandem! Great job!!!

JoyceSnums on September 17, 2021 @ 10:58 AM

RUS

MinePlex bot. ????????? ?????????? ?????? ?????????. ???????, ???????, ????????. MinePlex bot ????????? ????????? ????????? ? ?????? ???????? ??? ??????????, ?????????? ????? ???? ?????????? Telegram. ????? ???????? ?? https://mineplex-bot.com/ru/464939433 - ????? ????????>>>

ENG

MinePlex bot. A new generation mobile crypto bank. Reliable, profitable, liquid. MinePlex bot allows you to manage your finances from any device convenient for you, you only need to have the Telegram application. For more details, visit https://mineplex-bot.com/en/464939433 - the company's website>>>

nvizit-789

301 Moved Permanently https://mineplex-bot.com/ru/464939433#project - Show more>>>

Davidvor on September 18, 2021 @ 09:02 AM

farmacia reduslim RodneyQuemn

uilaw71 on August 24, 2021 @ 06:04 AM

This was entertaining, Robert, and I mean that as a complement. But if a trailer’s purpose is to gain fans, my guess is the Seventeen would be fine if this were more widely distributed. Just say’n.

fightingillini17 on August 24, 2021 @ 07:49 AM

Hey Robert, having a tough time accessing the preview. I am not a subscriber but paid the $10 and when the payment goes through it prompts the purchaser to ‘click here for access to preview’ and if you click it sends you back to the paywall. Tried twice and out $20 with no access. Thanks for any help in advance.

Robert on August 24, 2021 @ 08:23 AM

Email me - robert@illiniboard.com - and we'll get it fixed. I can also refund the second payment. Just need to know which email address you used.

Refugee from Illinois on August 24, 2021 @ 07:56 AM

Rats. I am a member and am logged in, but it’s making me pay for it. Appreciate any help.

Robert on August 24, 2021 @ 08:24 AM

Email me and I'll get it sorted out. robert@illiniboard.com

ohioillini77 on August 25, 2021 @ 10:05 AM

Same here

Robert on August 25, 2021 @ 10:29 AM

Send me an email at Robert@illiniboard.com and I'll send it to you directly.

Brave Illini on August 24, 2021 @ 12:55 PM

Becoming more convinced that our success this season, including wins, will turn on the talent of our players. Our coaches seem to have done everything right so far, and they likely will have the right schemes, play-calling, and the right players in the right positions. In the end, the players have to make the plays.