From The Stands - Virginia 2021

Sep 11, 2021

So I'm guessing you won't want to listen to this one, given that we were woodshedded by Virginia just now. But "drunk on the fact that we're going to have to hibernate for years until we win again" Robert can sometimes be fun Robert. Last night's SOC wasn't very Stream Of Consciousness-y, but this is.

I started recording with six minutes left and then just kept rambling on and on. I think it's 22 minutes long.

But fun! Or not! Who cares! I do!

Comments

HiggsBoson on September 11, 2021 @ 02:46 PM

That was bad, but it's going to get worse. Lovie's legacy of undisciplined play and culture of losing were very obvious today. I'd be surprised if this team wins another game to tell the truth. Bielema sounded really pissed off at the players post game, like maybe they've already tuned him out. Wonder if he's regretting taking the job and is secretly wishing that someone would buy him out before he wrecks his reputation?

Personally, this may be the last game I force myself to watch live. Time to start the basketball articles?

SuburbanIllini on September 12, 2021 @ 10:06 AM

Time to double down, brother. Stomach these losses and the result (whenever that is down the road) will be that much sweeter.

Watch Bielema start replacing starters cause he’s pissed and because they just can’t get out of their own way.

I’m going to 2 more games this year and will watch every game I don’t go to. Turning away would mean I waste my last 30 years of blind fandom.

Just won’t do it. Believe in Bielema.

TheBrian on September 11, 2021 @ 03:06 PM

I also look forward to MBB. That was terrible to watch.

IlliniHimey on September 11, 2021 @ 05:19 PM

30 years of this, and you think it is going to change. BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HailToTheOrange on September 12, 2021 @ 01:40 AM

Can you stop? Thanks in advance

illinizeeman on September 11, 2021 @ 11:09 PM

2012 had NFL talent. There has been little since. We can hope for improvement, but Lovie and Rod didn't teach these players what they have to do to win. We had two miracle wins that gave their tenure a brief glimmer, but the average was atrocious. We will likely be next year what Kansas is now. Lord help us.